Hope and healing
There is support. There is forgiveness.
It is over. It is done. It is in the past, but the emotional turmoil and potential guilt following an abortion can live on inside us becoming a heavy burden and hindering joy and freedom in our lives.
Lifeline Family Center offers several resources to support your journey to healing and forgiveness.
- One-to-one counseling with one of our trained counselors
- Group counseling with the 10 week Healing Hearts Bible Study
- The Florida Memorial for the Unborn is a memorial honoring the lives of the unborn and offering comfort and a place to grieve for mothers who have suffered abortion. The Florida Memorial for the Unborn page has directions to the memorial.
- Links to supportive resources for healing from abortion and miscarriage are located on the Florida Memorial for the Unborn page
Call today to speak with someone who can offer you comfort.
We are here to support you. (239) 772-HOPE (4673)
Post-Abortion Syndrome (PAS) or Post-Abortion Stress Syndrome (PASS) is real, and is considered similar to Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome or (PTSD). You are not alone.
PAS Symptoms include the following:
- Grief, sense of loss
- Regret or remorse
- Psychological numbness
- Avoidance Behavior (avoiding children, pregnant women, personal relationships)
- Fear future children will die
- Anniversary Syndrome
- Nightmares and flashbacks
- Substance Abuse (alcohol, drugs, misuses of prescription medications)
- Eating Disorders
- Suicidal thoughts and suicide
Many women feel many different ways after an abortion.
Learn more about Post Abortion Syndrome here.
What is being done legally about PASS?
November 6, 2001, The United State Senate passed an amendment which acknowledged the existence of Post-Abortion Depression and Psychosis by terminology.
House Representatives have continued to present
The Post Abortion Depression Research and Care Act. It has not been passed into law.
Lifeline Family Center activities shall not attempt to influence legislation or political campaigns.